OHANA GOES NORTH

A chronicle for our friends of our new life in Corvallis.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Oh, alright, one more

Courtney keeps taking pictures, so what can I do, but keep blogging?! Here's our sweet little red bud tree that we love so much. When the sun shines that little tree just sparkles!




Right next to it is this dramatic clump of red hot pokers that the birds all love to perch on. We had a tiny tiny little bitty green hummingbird drinking nectar from it today.




Downtown, on the corner by the Benton County Courthouse are these three luscious trees in a row. For days I'd been goggling at them everytime we drove past. Yesterday we finally remembered to bring Courtney's camera with us and he took these photos for me.




Standing under these trees is like being in a magic wonderland. I don't know what kind they are--I only know they're magical.




Lest you think we spend all our time outdoors, lapping up the wonderment and beauty of the natural world, I'm including the photo below, which quite honestly best portrays my life these days. Courtney has moved over to the light side, and rides his bike to town for Earth Day celebrations, etc, but I spend an inordinate amount of time on the computer. Luckily I love love love my little laptop. So much so that I can balance a sleeping baby on my lap while typing away. I'm busy working on a project that I'm most excited about--and that's all I'm going to say. Bet that will have you checking our blog all the time to find out what the heck she's talking about! But I won't be making any more entries on the blog until after Jeff Halper has come and gone. And that's all I'm going to say.




You can imagine the breath of hopefulness I felt--like change in air--when I read the
April 2oth Commondreams.org (progressive news service) headlines (one right after another):

Vermont Senate Calls for Bush, Cheney Impeachment

Kucinich to Sponsor Impeach Cheney Bill

Withering Gonzales Struggles to Salvage Job

Wolfowitz Told: No Changes, Just Go

Who says there's nothing good in the news?! Times are changing! We each do our part.

In the words of the late Molly Ivins: "Kick ass!"

Until after Jeff Halper leaves, and you hear from me next, enjoy the Spring, and thanks for reading our blog,

Valori