OHANA GOES NORTH

A chronicle for our friends of our new life in Corvallis.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Photo essay--first installment

Time escapes me. Here it is mid-April and a month since I last blogged. How can that be? Well, I can think of a million excuses, but instead I'll just try to catch up here real quickly. From the deep recesses of my mind I ought to be able to bring forth the memories of a month ago, but we'll see.



The time Aaron's here is always painfully short. I try not to get involved with too much outside of home and family during that time, and just spend it with him. So I had saved up projects like seeding the yard and painting his room--you know, fun stuff--to do together.



And the funnest of all: watching a season of Gilmore Girls on Aaron's computer. Each time he's here we check out the next season of Gilmore Girls on DVD's from the library. Cheap thrills.



I know you're wondering what my Johnny Depp poster is doing in Aaron's room.



The papasan still provides a nesting spot for me and Ben.




Then suddenly it was the beginning of April. We put Aaron on the big bird in Portland and he was gone. I of course could not do this--any of it--without my steadfast partner Courtney. Being together makes it all work. We rarely go a day without verbalizing how lucky we feel, in so many ways. It's a weird feeling to recognize the gifts of our own lives while being aware of the enormous suffering in the world. It doesn't feel quite right.

I think before I slide downhill here, I'll invite you to the next set of photos......

Stay with me, folks, there's more,

Valori